Sunday, June 6, 2010

YOUR WORDS AND COLOURS

What is it about art, especially visual images that attracts and interests us?

For me it's been a constant..... One of my earliest memories is my mum showing me how to draw a pond with reeds, a swan and the sky coming right down to the ground ...... and still I'm here trying to get it just right-
The difference now is that I am no longer certain what 'IT' is ..... and am pretty sure it will never come right - though at times it does seem more right than others.

What attracts and interests us in a work?
Are there things we all like more than others?
Do some colours, textures, images turn more of us on than off or vice versa?
Are our likes/dislikes as unique as we like to think they are?


I would like to begin with a sort of game -

I need at least 10 participants. ( A small cohort admittedly - whether too small we shall see)

Briefly:- Each person gives me 3 words and 3 colours.
I produce small works based on these.
You match words/colours to the works & try and recognise your own.

See easy... I do all the work.
Of course you may not recognise my interpretation of your words & colours and you might prefer someone elses ....... this is where it could be interesting....

At the least it's a bit of fun and I'll make the pieces postcard size and stand you 2nd class postage if you'd like yours as a keepsake (...or I suppose you could swap with someone else)
Cheers ....... Feel free to comment as we go along





No comments: